April 13, 2021
Dear Parents and School Community Members,
I am writing to provide an update on our efforts to implement the enhanced instructional model in our schools, which had been tentatively planned to begin on Monday, April 19. Before spring break, we had said that these efforts would be compromised if the recent trend in positive test results continued into April. Unfortunately, as you know, we had to report another positive test result today, which makes eight cases reported over the past seven school days.
Based on this discouraging trend and the current state data, we are postponing our tentative start date. We will continue to monitor the local, regional, and statewide data and provide updates accordingly.
We do not make these decisions lightly and realize this is disappointing news to many of you. We are grateful to everyone who has continued to make the health and safety of our community a top priority.
Thank you for your continued patience and support.
Very truly yours,
George P. Alexis